Thursday, November 8, 2012

happiness is Love **Momenta and FD**

A couple of weeks ago at my mothers house my oldest son Morgan decided to lay down beside Catherine on her changing pad (it was on the floor) and asked for me to take a picture.  It was just too cute that i had to grab Brandon and get him in on the act.  I took about 15 shots just hoping that one would turn out, and viola the sweetest picture came out.

I decided to use the picture as a black and white since they were all wearing completely different colors of clothes and I also wanted to picture to work well on my layout of muted colors.


I played around a bit with my Faber-Castell Gelatos and crackle distress paint and look at the wonderful results I got.  I used to it to color my artisan elements and also to create the pink border and circle of pink on the background page.  I just applied the pigment to the paper, sprayed with water, and then blended it in with my finger.  Below is a tutorial for how I distress colored my frame corners like the one pictured below.

Add caption
Distressing with Gelatos
1) Supplies - surface to distress (chipboard, sticker, resin, artisan elements, etc)  I used artisan elements
                     gelatos in your choice of color
                     distress crackle paint

2) Paint your surface with crackle paint - let air dry, if you use a heating tool it will not crackle as much and make your paint bubble.  I used tattered rose as my color.

3) Cover the surface after the paint has dried with your choice of gelato colors, 2 to 3 is good.  Rub the pigments into your surface, trying to enhance the cracks giving it an aged look.  I used guava and metallic melon.


4) Play with the colors and how much pigment you apply until you achieve your desired look.

Layout made for Frosted Designs - had on over and play along!!

Momenta Products Used:
ST-4826 - black alpha letters
ST-4788 - black numbers

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

2 comments:

  1. HI.. This looks really lovely, and the photo is precious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the way you used the black and white photo!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...