Monday, March 11, 2013

Dream Sweet Dreams **Memory Maze Chipboard**

 We had some professional pictures taken of all the kids right before Christmas 2012, so we put a cute little handmade hat on my daughter Catherine (4 months) and we got this adorable picture of her sleeping.  I used the colors of her outfit and hat to act as the inspiration for the layout.
 



I used the new gelato paint colors to "paint" the doily grey, sprayed some water and used my finger to rub it in, so it created some light and dark areas on the doily.  I then used the doily as the back ground for my title work.  I liked the idea of using 3 different fonts and colors to create a single title.  The top word is a metal sticker, the "sweet" is MM chipboard that I pressed into Black Soot Distress Inks and then sprayed with water and rubbed it in with my finger so it turned out to have a dark grey look, and the bottom word is black alpha glitter stickers.


I also used two MM chipboard hearts (one solid and one center cut out) that I also pressed into Black Soot Distress Inks and then sprayed with water and rubbed it in with my finger, but this time I repeated the technique until they were almost completely black.  I then layered then with small word stickers and paper layers, and tucked above and below the metal flower for a side embellishment.

Vintage Doily - L0117
"sweet" -  G0199
Hearts a pair- C0033


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...