Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Card **Flamingo Scraps and Susan K. Weckesser**

Every year I love to hand make Christmas cards, some I make quick and easy and some I spend more time on, it really depends on who I am giving them to knowing if they will keep them or not.  My mother and mother in Law always keep the cards, tags, and such that I make so I love giving them my special ones.


Here to went with a monotone color scheme, green.  I then added in colors of beige, gold, and grey to match with the papers I was using.  I wanted to give lots of texture, so I added in the wonder burlap tag by Canvas Corps in my layers, plus some corrugated paper from Fancy Pants in grey.  I then added in lots of layers of patterned paper from Basic Gery (25th and Pine) for even more depth and dimension.


I wanted to add something more behind that back drop of the "Merry" word from Heidi Swapp, but more have it ass bulk - enter in stamps!!  I stamped the wonderful flag banner stamp from the "Create you Day" collection from Susan K. Weckesser stamped in gold by Ranger.  It added that perfect pop and texture needed!!

http://www.susankweckesser.com/susan_k_weckesser_incproducts 

 To round it all off I added some leaves, flowers, and a die cut ornament by Basic Grey, Prima, and Maya Road to finish the card.  It does add bulk and dimension, but standing up on a mantle or a table with other Christmas cards this sure does stand out!


 Merry Christmas!!





1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...