Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wish Card **Die~Namites & Creative Embelishments & CCB & Xyron**

My parents anniversary is coming up at the end of January and I wanted to make a special "frosty" card that is both whimsical and beautiful.  When you have a wedding January in Canada you are going to get a snow themed card!! 



I took a different direction with the colors, staying with pastels to keep it soft and ethereal.   I used lots of layers here with die-cut paper, chipboard, and "snow" texture to create a winter wonderland type of card.



I used 2 different Die~Namites dies "Frosty Snowflake" and "Winter Floral".  I cut the snowflake die out from ivory cardstock and layered it under the blue flower.  I then cut out 2 "winter floral" swirls in a yellow dot cardstock and had then flowing out from under the top left cluster going down the left side of the card and then also along the top right, framing the top left corner. 

http://www.die-namites.com/

http://www.die-namites.com/


Amazing new dies are now available in the store!!  Check them out HERE!  
You know you want some dies now, right? 

I got a great gift of 15% off you next purchase!!  

Just use erin15 and you get 15% of at checkout!!!  

AMAZING!!!



I then added lots of Creative Embellishments "Chipboard Snowflakes" shapes painted in light blue and placed them around the card, tucked in here and there.  

Snowflake set and "Dream" word set
I repeated the same technique of painting the CE "Wish" word from the "Dream" word set in light blue, then after everything was glued down and dried I added a ton of "Snowtex" texture medium to give it this frosty feeling all over.  Adding globs of in in the corners, on each of the chipboard pieces trying to catch the corners and edges for the "snow" to rest on.



Nothing is better than a handmade card for those that you love, it means so much more then just going to a store and buying one!!  So happy anniversary to my parents, 46 years and going strong!!

Supplies Used
Card Base - Canvas Corp
Papers - Canvas Corp
Dies - Die~Namites
Chipboard  Creative Embellishments
Paint/mist - Tattered Angels
"Snow" - Decoart
Beads - Hobby Lobby
Adhesive - Xyron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...